SNAP 4Dx Plus Test
The accuracy you need. The efficiency you want.
The most accurate screening solution available for detecting vector-borne disease 1-3 –now with clinical decision support for clarity when determining next steps.
- Store tests at room temperature for up to six months for improved workflow.
- Test annually to help prevent the spread of heartworm disease, Lyme disease, ehrlichiosis, and anaplasmosis while increasing awareness of these vector-transmitted diseases.
- Get reference lab-quality technology for superior diagnostic accuracy at the point of care.
Automatically activate SNAP tests to save time and improve workflow with the SNAP Pro Analyzer.
Screen for six vector-borne pathogens
Heartworm disease has been found in dogs in all 50 states in the U.S. While heartworm is both treatable and preventable, it is a serious and deadly disease that may show no clinical signs in its early stage. Screen annually to find even low worm-burden patients sooner and more often, and begin treatment when you can do the most good.
More accurately identify Lyme disease in clinically and subclinically infected dogs with proven C 6 ELISA technology. The SNAP 4Dx Plus Test identifies antibodies that are produced only as a result of a Borrelia burgdorferi infection.
Detection of antibodies to Ehrlichia canis or Ehrlichia ewingii indicates tick exposure and the transmission of infectious agents. Additional testing is recommended in these patients to determine if there is an active infection. Controlling the infection early is the best way to protect your patients from chronic disease.
Annually screen dogs to identify exposure to Anaplasma phagocytophilum and Anaplasma platys. Early detection improves patient prognosis and reinforces the importance of tick control.
You receive a positive test result. Now what?
With expert tools and support included in VetConnect PLUS, you have the information you need to make fast, effective clinical decisions, determine next steps, and communicate recommendations to the client.
- Try out the clinical decision support in VetConnect PLUS with your next IDEXX 4Dx PLUS Test result .
- No account yet? Contact us .
Continuing the conversation with clients on heartworm and tick-borne disease screening
Share these communication resources with your clients to help reinforce the importance of
regular screening to protect their pets and families
Free client brochures
Educate clients on the importance of their pet's routine wellness visit and how regular screening helps to protect their dogs and families.
Client communications with VetConnect PLUS
Celebrate negative results with client-friendly summaries sent directly to pet owners.
Social media for ongoing education
Ready-to-go posts to share on your practice's social media channels as well as educational resources to deepen your social media expertise.
One SNAP can change everything
Watch how SNAP technology delivers superior diagnostic accuracy—and see what you may sacrifice when you use a test without it.
White papers and peer-reviewed literature
Exposure to tick-borne diseases increases risk of developing chronic kidney disease. Read the study
Screen for 9 diseases and infections carried by ticks, mosquitoes, and worms using IDEXX-exclusive tests
Learn about comprehensive parasite screening with IDEXX Preventive Care
We’re here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Customer Service: 1-800-248-2483
Test insert & resources
Access the SNAP 4Dx Plus Test product insert, accuracy data, sample preparation, results interpretation information and more.
Find out which diseases have been confirmed in your neighborhood
IDEXX Test Promise
IDEXX customers enjoy hassle-free returns for unopened, expired products.* In addition, if an IDEXX test does not perform as promised , just call us and we’ll credit your IDEXX Points account with 100% of the test’s value.
Order tests & supplies
Learn more about ordering direct from IDEXX and order your in-house tests and supplies today.
Learn more about the IDEXX 4Dx Plus Test
A representative will help you every step of the way.
* Credit available for unopened tests in the form of a discount on a replacement order or as IDEXX Points credited to your account, at IDEXX discretion.
† SNAP Pro Analyzer sold seperately.
- Goldstein RE, Eberts MD, Beall MJ, Thatcher B, Chandrashekar R, Alleman AR. Performance comparison of SNAP 4Dx Plus and AccuPlex4 for the detection of antibodies to Borrelia burgdorferi and Anaplasma phagocytophilum. Intern J Appl Res Vet Med. 2014;12(2):141–147.
- Eberts MD. Performance of SNAP 4Dx Plus and AccuPlex4 in dogs with different heartworm burdens. Intern J Appl Res Vet Med. 2013;11(1):7–9.
- Liu J, Drexel J, Andrews B, Eberts M, Breitschwerdt E, Chandrashekar R. Comparative evaluation of 2 in-clinic assays for vector-borne disease testing in dogs. Top Companion Anim Med. 2018;33(4):114–118. doi:10.1053/jtcam.2018.09.003